Topic

Golite 850 fill quilts in stock for $179

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite 850 fill quilts in stock for $179

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Golite hardly ever has their quilts in stock, especially the new one.
    Thought you might like to know.

Slo Hiker
    BPL Member

@slohiker

Locale: NC Foothills

I ordered a Z30 several weeks ago and immediately sent it back. My old Golite 40-degree 1-Season quilt put it to shame with regards to loft and consistency of fill.

An aberration, perhaps …

John Rowan
    BPL Member

@jrowan

I just picked one of these up and was very pleased with the initial impressions. I am not a warm sleeper by any stretch of the imagination, but was comfortable at about 20* with some help (bivy, heavy long johns, and light hooded down jacket). It also seems to be lofting well past the 2" of single-layer loft usually associated with the 30* temp rating.

Considering the price, it's probably worth at least giving it an in-person look.

That said, I certainly wouldn't discount the opinion in the above post, since that's not the first time I've heard these complaints about it- these could easily be reasonably inconsistent in their manufacturing.

Edit: Forgot to add that I only have one night of testing this quilt, and thus the above shouldn't be taken as any sort of long-term commentary on the Z30.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools