Topic

Why I love Trangia Pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Why I love Trangia Pots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    david epley

@renman

I made the switch to LW backpacking in 98 thanks to Jeff Hanson at Walasa-Yi at Neel’s Gap. The first change I made was dump my brand spankin’ new just on the market MSR dragonfly for a Trangia alcohol burner. Shortly thereafter I dumped the trangia for a cut-off Schaeffer beer can and made my first stove. (I used Schaeffer in honour of Earl, of course :) )

I kept the trangia pot, however, as it is IMO the perfect all around cookpot.
    Why, you ask? Go ahead, ask…

Well, I’ll TELL ya’.

Lightweight aluminum, tho I can’t wait to switch to their titanium version at 2.47 oz. and around 30 bucks.

Low profile 1L pot is perfect size for my wife and I on a short trip or just me after about a month or so on trail. Very compact size with just enough room for the rest of my cook kit.

Tight fitting lid means no stuff sack.

Lid serves as a cutting board, and, more importantly, it makes a great boil gauge. Simply turn the lid upside down and place on the pot. Put a little water in the lid well. When this water has small bubbles, your pot underneath is at a rolling boil. No need to remove lid to check, thereby wasting heat/fuel.

-RenMan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools