Topic

Custom ZPacks Toothbrush Case – 4g vs 9g Zpacks Case

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Kenneth Jacobs BPL Member
PostedNov 21, 2013 at 10:03 am

So when you go to the dentist and they give you the brushing and flossing kit every time you depart…in it there is usually a little oval mini dental floss. I use these mini dental floss samples for backpacking. The other day I went to remove the casing from the mini spool in an effort to reduce weight in my backpacking dental kit. After taking off the case from the mini floss, It's struck me immediately that with very little modification, I could use the mini floss case a a new lighter toothbrush bristle guard. It's a PERFECT fit with the ZPacks UL toothbrush. About 2 minutes with a Dremel and a quick cleanup with some steel wool and WALLAH!…done, free, lighter, perfect!

ZPacks Toothbrush Case

Mini Floss Case Open

Mini Floss Case w/ Brush

Mini Floss Case Closed

Matt Dirksen BPL Member
PostedNov 22, 2013 at 3:43 am

You forgot the weight of the Dremel.

(Just kidding)

Nice idea & great use of an empty floss container – assuming one really NEEDS a toothbrush and/or floss.

:)

Not the best toothbrush, I admit, but I just bring the brush portion from my electric toothbrush and make buzzing noises while I use it. Sadly, my teeth aren't fooled too easily and it usually shows by day three.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...