Topic

who makes a “R1 like” vest?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) who makes a “R1 like” vest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

my wife likes my R1 vest, but it appears Patagonia has discontinued them. anyone else make a lightweight grid fleece vest?

danke

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

you missed the sale last year … MEC was clearing out T3 vest for 20$ or so

best way … get an old worn with holes in the arms and chop those off … or get a cheap version at a discount/thrift store and do the same

;)

Gary D
    BPL Member

@doc

Montbell currently has their Women's chameece vest on for $41.30 in the outlet section. Listed at 5.4OZ. It is not a grid fleece. It is more of a micro fleece.

For what its worth I have the mens version in XL and it comes in at 6.7 oz. Good piece of kit.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

I checked the Montbell web-site, and they don't have anything in my size. Anyone else know of a fleece vest under 10 ounces in XL?

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

seems like manufacturers are missing the boat on this one; a nice light, breathable fleece grid vest should be more popular one would think

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

I doubt it

Remember that both mec and patagucci used to make em for years, there probably wasnt a ton of sales

Dead bird used to make a 100wt vest that has a slightly gridded interior, they may still sell it … But it goes for ~100$ a pop list … Which is ridiculous for a fleece vest

I though about buying a grid vest, but realized ill just choo my T3 when the arms wear out

Now a cottage maker can probably fill a low volume gap, but it will cost ya

;)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

There are still a few out there on the web. MEC made a 1/2 zip version that was just 7oz in XL. I sold it here last August.

My Marmot Power Stretch vest is 8oz in XL. It is also discontinued.

There are lots of 200W fleece vests available and I'm sure you can find a 100W version.

Remember to search on "power dry" when looking for the non-patagonia versions.

Carhartt makes a "textured" fleece vest, but I'll bet it weighs a pound. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Carhartt174-Textured-Fleece-Vest-Regular/733467.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18%26No%3D0%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DFleece%2Bvest%26search%3DSearch&No=0&Ntt=Fleece+vest

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

Second the Montbell Chameece vest. Very warm for the weight, mine weighs 153gr. in a Large. Not too thick, actually usable for on the go – and if you don't use it, it weighs less than many a LS base layer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools