Topic

Mt.LeConte Smoky Mtns Reservation Available

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedNov 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Edit: Looks like someone got this early this morning. Enjoy! These reservations are very hard to get and I am glad that someone will be able to use it.

I am not going to be able to use my reservation for two for Mt. LeConte on November 25, 2013. This is the end of the season. They will close for the winter after this. I have just released the reservations so you would just have to call LeConte Lodge reservations at the number listed on their website http://www.lecontelodge.com . I believe that you may be able to add two more persons (total of four) if one of the cabins is available (for an additional fee).

LeConte Lodge is the highest lodge east of the Mississippi river. Trails to the top are between 5 and 8 miles. I have been fortunate to hike to the lodge several times, most recently last month. Dinner and Breakfast are provided and you can leave your sleeping bag and tent behind too so it makes for a very light pack. However this time of year you may need some Microspikes in some areas.

I hope one of you can use this and enjoy it as much as I do when I'm able to go…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...