Topic

Facemask…15 yard penalty!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Jason Johnson BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Can someone give me some options on a warm facemask/beanie (not even sure what to call them) that will cover everything but my eyes for cold weather sleeping.

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2013 at 1:10 pm

If this covers your entire head with only eye holes, then you would likely call it a ski mask. The balaclava is about the same, except the eye holes blend into one wide one, and sometimes the hole opens wide enough for the nose as well.

Ski masks work OK until you walk into a bank lobby.

–B.G.–

Jason Johnson BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2013 at 1:13 pm

"Ski masks work OK until you walk into a bank lobby. "

LOL

Im a hick from Etex..I thought a balaclava was just for neck…thanks!!

PostedNov 18, 2013 at 3:01 pm

for sleeping you can take a silk scarf (very light) that breaths well, fold it in half, sew up one short side and half the long side, and poof .. you have a sweet sleeping head cover. yes, it covers the eyes, but you can sort'a see thru it good enough, and it keeps your face warm and not drys out the mouth,
cheers,
v.

PostedNov 18, 2013 at 3:03 pm

The ones made of synthetics are much less scratchy than the wool devices….

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedNov 18, 2013 at 4:23 pm

For years I did cross country skiing wearing a thin silk balaclava. It was good enough that I didn't get sunburn, yet it was thin enough that I could breathe through it and I didn't get too hot.

–B.G.–

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...