Topic

Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Leigh Baker
    BPL Member

@leighb

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods

Great question Valerie, my thoughts would be that the high fat content in softer cheeses would be a problem in a dehydrator, but I've never tried it so no idea.

And I agree with your last statement, I've eaten more than my fair share of less than healthy food on the trail, but I've really become more aware of what I eat at home and it's just bled over into what I eat on the trail. The way I now look at it is why not just dehydrate the same real food I eat at home to take on the trail. :-), of course it's always a case of HYOH, and I'm not certainly not a long distance hiker.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

String Cheese. It can get a bit greasy in warmer climes… but holds up well in the High Sierra during the summer…

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools