Topic

Binding Ccf together

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedNov 17, 2013 at 1:50 pm

If someone has already done this and posted please point me in the right direction, I searched and didn't find anything

After my second exped has started to leak and returned to rei I've decided to go back to Ccf. I have to old style ridgerest on 72in and one short not sure of the length. I use a tarptent moment dw for myself and my dog, I'm 6,1" 160 and my dog is 60lbs. With me on an inflatable and her on Ccf we just barely fit because of the shape of the tent. If we were both on Ccf I believe we would fit a lot better.

Enough rambling I want to essentially cover the floor with Ccf. To do this we I'm want to cut down the pads and reshape them into more of a diamond like the floor of the dw. What should I use to connect the? Contact cement? Gorilla glue?

PostedNov 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Lawsons CCF pads are very sticky even on silnylon floors. I would just order a the amount you need and cut to fit. Gluing ccf to the floor will make packing up awkward.

PostedNov 17, 2013 at 2:28 pm

But unfortunately, Lawson is out of stock for the ccf pads. But, his Glowire is back in stock! Not that that really helps here…

Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedNov 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Oops sorry I didn't mean actually attaching it to the floor. Just covering the usuable space with it as we pretty much occupy it all

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedNov 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I would just lay the trimmed sections in the tent floor. You could cut the sides to lock together like puzzle pieces if they moved too much. Another way would be to use self-stick Velcro with bridging straps. I would use the softer loops on the pads, allowing easy use of the pads in other situations.

In the hammock world, CCF pads are linked using fabric sleeves.

Rusty Beaver BPL Member
PostedNov 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm

CCF can be adhered together with the Weldwood Contact Cement in the red can. Have used many cans of this stuff outfitting whitewater kayaks over the yrs.

For the strongest bond, sand the foam, apply thin layer of cement, allow to completely dry, and add second thin layer. Adhere while the second is slightly tacky.

Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedNov 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm

That's what I shall do then! Where would one go about finding such a product? Do you believe that it could handle repetitive rolling and unrolling for use? Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...