Topic

Backpacker Magazine $4.50/year – Sunday Nov 7 Only

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Backpacker Magazine $4.50/year – Sunday Nov 7 Only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

[Edit: Title should read Nov 17, not Nov 7, sorry. Will repost.]

Discount mags offers a Backpacker Magazine subscription at $4.50/year (today only, I think: Nov 17) but you must enter code DEALNEWS on checkout.

http://www.discountmags.com/product/5702/backpacker?

You can purchase up to 3 years at that rate.

Apologies that this is not technically "gear." Also, no affiliation.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

IMO, a waste of money at any price.

YMMV

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

I would have to agree with Bob.

You can get it free with your membership to the Pacific Crest Trail Association

Today is the 17th

Caleb Johnson

@fastpakr

The coupon code definitely drops the price down to $4.50 a year. Whether it's worth that to you is, of course, debatable.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

My bad, "17" not "7". Corrected, but the subject line in the subforum list is carved in stone.

Yes, I was aware that some BPL'ers don't like the mag when I posted, but thought it was a decent deal, and that folks could make up their own minds. Apparently the PCT Association doesn't think it's horrible, or they wouldn't distribute it.

You'll think I'm strange, but I like to read the advertisements in it!

Me: "Oooo! If I had two thousand dollars, I'd buy THAT sleeping bag!"

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Thanks for the plug for PCTA membership!

Yes, it does indeed include a free subscription to Backpacker. They generously donate it, so there is no cost to PCTA.

With membership, you actually get two magazine subscriptions. The second is the PCT Communicator. Generally, we're averaging 10-11 columns and articles in each issue. I'm biased, but I think it's a worthwhile read.

That's on top of the core purpose of joining PCTA: charitable giving.

There's no need for me to defend Backpacker, but I'd point out that for the price of a cappuchino, you are getting at least a few original, long form articles about cool hiking stories. I have glut of hiking information coming at me, and I'll always take time to read BPer's lead articles.

Happy hiking!

– PCTA, trail info dude

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools