So the pct gets put off until 2015 (as I have an awesome faculty opportunity I simply can't pass up this year…but that's ok…more financial security for the trip!). In it's place, I'd like to do the CT, but I can't start until after the summer semester is over Aug 8. I'd like to take my time doing it…take some zeros and neros and such…so I'm thinking 5 weeks. That takes me into September…
Granted this is early to start talking about this, but am I nuts to plan the Colorado as a good thru at this time of year, or should I try to plan something else for that time?? I would certainly do the JMT again, or maybe the high Sierra route (solo this time!!), but I'd love to do something different. I don't really want to section hike, as I have great plans to do a triple crown (and the triple tiara!) and I'd love for it to be a mostly new experience.
Any thoughts? I have no high altitude winter experience (ie micro spikes and ice ax) but I don't mind learning. I have a lot of lowland cold weather backpacking experience (think Midwest), but nothing at altitude. I won't do the CT solo, not sure who I'll go with, but i want to do it with a companion or two.

