Topic

Kat's Mountain Lion Photos (Trail Camera Photography)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Kat's Mountain Lion Photos (Trail Camera Photography)

Viewing 22 posts - 451 through 472 (of 472 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

New batch of baby foxes. Mountain lion with 3 new big babies. Lots of quail. Closeups of birds in water. Beautiful views …More uploading later today as well :)

bjc
    BPL Member

@bj-clark-2-2

Locale: Colorado

Thanks, I always enjoy these!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Got a visit from this family of 4. The last one catches up as the first two take off. Same mama as the last litter of 3.

My internet sucks so the videos will have to wait…

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

4 mountain lions ( mama and 3 big cubs)  came by last night, the third time in the last 3 months. I have all of them together on video but my internet at home isn’t enough to upload the little clip 🙄. I will try tomorrow from work and link to Flickr. But here is one of the cubs :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Jason McSpadden
    BPL Member

@jbmcsr1

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Wow!  That’s fun to see!  Thanks Kattt.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

It’s been a while since I have posted anything here but I have some nice mountain lion visits lately. I have not been to my scenic cameras in a month and they are bound to be under 6 feet of grass 😨.

The legs on this cat!!!

ps pictures are uploading on top not below the previous one so the sequence  is off. More coming

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

alternated these to show size comparison. I have lots more but my internet is a joke.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Nice little jungle you have down there Kat. Some strong looking cats there.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

“The legs on this cat!!!”
    I reckon!

Cheers

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

My first trailcam spot since the fire. This wash was the only spot I saw a number of random unidentifiable tracks. The view is sweet. The bike ride is good too. We biked way past this another 2 miles straight up but there were too many (burned) trees obstructing the view. Once we get in better shape and make it up past the trees to just the shrubs I’ll have some great places to set up my cameras. I have to hide off the trails and fire road but that’s ok. Baldy is so excited for us to ride with him bouncing along.
    At this point I’ll be excited to get a little fox. Starting from scratch here :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Unfortunately this is not where the cabin was but it’s still beautiful and we are lucky to have a spot to be.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Slowly finding the right spots at our new location :)

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Good to see you back at this!

Did you have to buy new cameras or did any survive the fire?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Nick!

Four cameras survived the fire ( and caught footage of it) and I had five of them in a box that needed repairs so that was in my car ready to be shipped to Reconyx. That was lucky…

Mike B
    BPL Member

@highwarlok

Locale: Colorado

Will Echo what Nick said. I was surprised and happy to see a new post in this thread. This is one of the few threads I follow and get emails about every time something is posted and actually go to the site and look.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Fire photos?
    Cheers

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I have a couple thousand pictures ( on my computer) from several cameras . I also have some scary videos but cannot upload them here. The sound of the wind created by the fire is almost too much .

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@Mike, thank you!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

This may not be visible without an IG account. I don’t know…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEn4J1PF1KU/?igshid=1aw39it82cwh3

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

It is visible.
    Thanks.

Viewing 22 posts - 451 through 472 (of 472 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools