Topic

Site Update!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Site Update!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I just did a big overhaul of the Great 2013 Winter Tour blog. I'd love feedback from you guys, since the ultralight bike touring and backpacking forums hold hands so often.

There's a page at the top now with my GEAR LISTS and bike descriptions if you want to see what I'm carrying, and I land in Denver in like 14 hours, so there will be rolling (ha!) updates after that.

Enjoy!

MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Max,

I took a quick look and I like what I see so far. Real clean theme. I will read some more when I have time.

One thing, which is a pet peeve of mine — and others disagree, is long posts that you have to scroll down through to get to the next post. It is especially annoying for me on an iPhone or iPad. In WordPress you can break the post with the Insert More Tag (ALT + SHIFT + T on a Windows machine).

Anyway, good job, young man.!

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Hi Nick,

I'm a Mac guy, but I'll try and figure that functionality out. I'm going for clean and simple.

Cheers,
    Max

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

There should be a button in the formatting area. I'm just an auto mechanic :)

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Particularly enjoyed your post tonight too, Nick. As I'm headed to the desert, it was particularly timely.

Hello, dirt roads!

P.S. Nice thirst pun.

Edit: Found that formatting button. Thanks.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Ah, you busted me on another pun. I thought the picture was pretty good too. I was walking along that road for a while before heading to a place called the Mescal Range. At first I resented the road, but then I saw it in a different perspective and took the picture.

Desert Dweller

@drusilla

Locale: Wild Wild West

Really like reading your blog, great stuff!
    It's been unseasonably warm down here on the AZ/Mex border, due for some wind tomorrow and a lower temp coming this weekend. High 70's and low 80's, hope you can enjoy some of that soon. Very much looking forward to your future writings.
    Happy trails Max!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools