These things can be used as tent stakes. They work well in my lawn. Haven't used them in the field.

What are they? Not sure. I bought them off of a rack of accessories in a store that sold yarn, knitting supplies, etc.
I was attracted to them because of their elegance. They are hollow aluminum tubes coming to a sealed and slightly rounded point at each end. I have no idea how they make such things.
They were cheap but I can't tell you how cheap because I bought them years ago. Here's what I do know:
They are a little over 9.5" long and weigh about 11 grams each. They are .362" in diameter (a little less than 3/8").
I modified one end of one of them to get rid of the point. That one now weighs about 9.5 grams.
I added the cap from a pen to another one and that now weighs about 12.5 grams.


