Topic

Los Padres. (Fathers and Children)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Los Padres. (Fathers and Children)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Great post and wonderfully written.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Very nice Craig and Adan. You guys rock.

"Los Padres" translates into " the parents" which is very apt to your trip.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Love the post. I especially liked your comment on the ridiculous conversation of teen kids. I have spent many hours in those conversations. I will never forget the 42 synonyms for "poop" we were able to generate one night. The joy in that makes you question, really, whose conversations are ridiculous. Enjoy your time with them. It is fleeting but magical.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice report Craig. It reminds me of our hikes with our three children starting when they were still in diapers. Keep enjoying it. Tomorrow they will be grown and gone. One memory revived by your post is a buddy and me telling a monster story over the campfire to out four year old daughters and these precious little girls stopping at every pile of horse poop on the trail the next day pointing out to us sign of the, " Maug," the feature character of the story.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Another great writeup. You guys are topping the list of people I'd like to hike with someday.

There was a recent thread on "activities to do with the kids when camping" and I thought to myself, "Isn't camping the activity?"
    It's nice to see your kids just enjoying being out there. No need for artificial entertainment.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Great stuff So-Cal Peeps plus awesome TR! It seems like all the forest in California are burnt out these days. Any of you fathers coming to the GGG?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I see from the pictures over the years the children are growing; more so than in size.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thanks folks.
    As I've said in other threads, I'm glad to know someone else with kids that's willing to get them out.

Yeah Jay, this stretch of forest is pretty burnt out, but the fire was a few years ago. It's on a nice rebound right now, you can see quite a few trees coming back. Unfortunately, things are looking drier and drier and drier out here. It could all go up in flames again any day now. Good thing I love the desert- seems to be the trend.

GGG? Not sure. I'd love to go see some real faces but it's a difficult time of year for me to make a 9 hour drive trip. I'm just coming off winter break and travels with the family and we're usually on a pretty tight budget around that time- both time and money.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Nice stuff, Craig.

I've gotten my daughter out a few times, but frequently have to carry not only gear for two but her as well.

Photo from 2012 (she just turned 4 a couple of months ago):

She's kind of in a "middle zone" right now. A bit too big to carry but not quite big enough to do anything more than a few miles on her own two feet. Did you take your kids out overnight (if you don't mind my asking) when they were like 4 and 5 years old?

HJ
    Adventures in Stoving

Edward Z
    BPL Member

@fuzz

Locale: Sunny San Diego

I'm seriously in the fan club. Love it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools