Topic

Looking for new shelter(s)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Adam Sloan BPL Member
PostedNov 11, 2013 at 9:29 am

I'm looking to replace my SMD Lunar Solo with something that can work for 2 people since my friend's 2-person double wall tent weighs more than my big 3 when I'm solo. Anyway, looking for something cuben (because I don't want the weight to go up too much, if at all) with full bug protection. I was thinking about the Zpacks Hexamid Duplex, but I'm waiting on reviews. Alternative suggestions are very welcome.

Also, I'm wondering if there are any decent 4 person shelters with full bug protection that are ~2.5 lbs. or less. Something like the Locus Gear Khafra Sil+Mesh, but in cuben.

bjc BPL Member
PostedNov 11, 2013 at 11:02 am

You might look at the Luna tents and inner nets from Bearpaw Designs for a 4 person in cuben. Definitely in the weight range you want.

PostedNov 12, 2013 at 11:08 am

I just received a Bearpaw Designs Luna 4 in cuben with the perimeter netting and door. In the stuff sack, it weighs 2lbs2oz on my scale. I am still looking for an flooring option. So far, I think I will like this set up for my family.
Cheers…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...