Topic

Stiff Mesh ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stiff Mesh ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Locale: Midwest

Does anyone here know the type or brand of mesh that ULA uses for its front and side pockets? Its a thin, stiff mesh, but very lightweight and strong.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

So, no one has any idea on this mesh type? I was thinking it could possibly be trampoline mesh, but I would think, it would be too heavy?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

My Ohm's front and side pockets are made of mesh, but I would not call it thin nor particularly light. Did they change the fabric over tha last two years? The fabric I am looking at is medium weight, stretchy and durable.
    I am sure someone else will know the specs if this thread catches their attention.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

did you look at owfinc.com, questoutfitters.com, settlefabrics.com

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

I should have been more specific, it would be the mesh used on the Circuit and Catalyst ,the Ohm's front pocket is a stretch type mesh. The mesh I'm referring too is very stiff, with no stretch. Might be a stiff form of Leno mesh? But, I cant find it on any of the suppliers websites. Yes, I checked with the 3 suppliers mentioned too.

Come on ULA, give it up! I only want it for my own MYOG projects…..no threat to your business from little ole me…….lol…..

Thanks for the suggestions…….

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

mesh

Michael,

I did a similar search for mesh awhile back and could find nothing stiffer than the Heavy Leno Loc Mesh shown at the link above.

It has little or no stretch, is very durable and has held up well when used as a waist belt.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Leno Loc mesh is good stuff!

Cheers

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Nope, don't think its Leno Loc, I have Leno Loc, and its not the same as the stuff that ULA uses……

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

What's your intended use?

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

About 2-3 yrs ago, ULA used a different mesh than they use now. It was more plastic-y and very stiff.

They dont use that anymore. The mesh they use now is pretty soft.

I have circuits with each.

If you want some of the stiff stuff call and ask. They might have some left around they would be willing to part with.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

I plan to use the mesh for pack water bottle pockets and front pockets. I've been experimenting with making my own gear lately and would like to use this type of stiff mesh in various duffel bags, totes, and maybe an all mesh top ski bag.

My Circuit and Catalyst are 2010 models and have this stiff mesh for the side water bottle pockets and front pockets.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I've got a couple of MLD water bottle pockets if you're interested, unless you really want to make your own.

Michael Fogarty
    BPL Member

@mfog1

Thanks Doug, but yes, I like to tinker and make some of my own stuff……

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools