Topic

Anyone here purchase and use Six Moon Designs Skyscape Scout?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone here purchase and use Six Moon Designs Skyscape Scout?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

I can't comment on the Scout specifically, but I've had the Trekker and now the X. Excellent design for a completely enclosed, storm-proof, bug-proof tent. It pitches easily and I really like the design, it's great on starry nights to roll it all open and be able to look up, and I've had both the Trekker and the X in heavy rain and they perform very well. I just recently sold my Trekker, but only because it was collecting dust since I purchased the X. It actually has a lot of room inside for gear, the vestibules are pretty small, so don't plan to store too much in them, but they do work.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

I have the X, and agree with Art. It is an excellent tent. The only thing I don't like is that you put the poles inside, instead of outside. This is a common design (e. g. Mids) but less than ideal in my opinion. It increases the likelihood of getting bugs in the tent and it means that using a stick for even a temporary pole is problematic. I've considered making a modification to allow for outside pole use, but haven't bothered yet. Ideally you could design it so that it would support poles from either the inside or the outside (so folks could choose). Overall, though, I really like the tent — given the fact that my only complaint is fairly minor, and might be seen as a feature by some, I would say it an outstanding tent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools