Topic

Inflation Valves from Inflatable Sleeping Pads

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Nico . BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I'm looking for a source of inflation valves similar to that used on the Therm-a-rest NeoAir pads for a little project. Anyone know where to source something like this?

I looked around at a few shops that specialize in parts for inflatable boats and similar, but all or most of what I saw was much bigger and clunkier than the small sleeping pad style inflation valves. For my intended purpose, the smaller and lighter, the better. I also need it to be easy to inflate/deflate and adjust air volumes. Thus, the Therm-a-rest style valves would be ideal but I'm open to other ideas/options like those used on the Klymit products.

Dustin Short BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2013 at 1:43 pm

You can buy a thermarest replacement valve as posted above. Jsut be warned that you'll have to fashion a plastic block similar to what TaR uses, or use a lot of glue to seal it to your project.

Nico . BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Didn't realize they sold these. That's a good start!

Now just have to think about how I'll make the other part that the valve seats onto.

Thanks again.

-N.

Dustin Short BPL Member
PostedNov 10, 2013 at 12:05 am

if it's a one off project, you could probably just take a rasp/file/dremel to a square block of nylon and carve an almond shape easily enough after you drill a proper sized hole.

PostedNov 10, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I am a big fan of the twin valves on the Exped pads. I think you may be able to get them cheaper by getting maybe one of their inflatable pillows. The rubber flapper portion of the valves makes inflate/deflate very easy, since the majority of air only goes in the direction you want. I also love the schnozzel pump bag inflation method, so I am very biased. I just never liked my thermarest valve, always felt like my eyes were going to blow out of my head when topping it up.

Stuart R BPL Member
PostedDec 15, 2013 at 5:08 am

Nico – what did you do in the end?
I also want a complete valve to put in a pillow

PostedDec 15, 2013 at 6:31 am

I had to replace one on my Klymit Inertia and they sent one to me. That would lead me to believe that they would sell them as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...