Topic

Oregon Trip

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedNov 8, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Folks,
I'm looking at taking a trip to Oregon in early spring to go wine tasting and then backpacking and fishing. I figure we will wine taste on the way up through central Oregon and then I will be looking for a good place to fish and backpack. I hear the Rogue river is nice for my fly fishing but I'm not sure about the backpacking around there. Any advice?

We lived in Washington and have already made this trip there and it was outstanding through south central Washington wineries and then fishing down the columbia river and its feeder streams.

Thanks
CG

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedNov 9, 2013 at 4:12 pm

no

I drink cheap wine or beer : ) Although I've been drinking hoppy beer like Mirror Pond some…

but there are many wineries in Oregon, and I think some in that general area

PostedNov 10, 2013 at 6:55 pm

There are many, many wineries in southern Oregon. Along the Applegate River valley, there are at least 8 wineries and the surrounding area has many more. Southern Oregon is turning into the new Napa Valley!

The Rogue Wild and Scenic backpacking trip (40+ miles plus side hikes) is excellent and very uncrowded this time of year.

Edit: I missed the reference to early spring. It still won't be too crowded because the shuttle route to Gold Beach might be closed due to snow, which forces a much longer shuttle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...