Topic

OR Endeavor Mitts replacement

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Mary R BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I've finally decided to invest in a nice winter glove system. I have liners and a fleece mitt, but now I need to get an overmitt.
Most of the threads here end up recommending the OR Endeavor gloves, but it looks like those aren't sold anymore.

Does anyone have a good replacement?

Thanks!

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I've never had a shell until just recently. I was looking for a waterproof shell that I did not have to seam seal.

I went to LL Bean and tried on their goretex shell. It was robust and I really liked it. It was seam taped. Cost $79.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/78958

I did not want to spend that amount so I ordered the goretex OR Revell shell (3.7 oz)and it arrived two days ago. It is not as rugged as the LL Bean but it will do perfectly for my needs. The XL gives me plenty of room for layering below. I'm pleased with this purchase. Cost $52 (on sale at Campmor).

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens/gloves/revel-shell-mitts-4b96ff032e4ca636f18171a702064013.html

You could also look at the OR Mt. Baker shell which is 5.4 oz, seam taped and more solid than the Revell. Cost $99. It was more than I wanted to spend.

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens/gloves/mt-baker-shell-mitts.html

Mary R BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Thanks for the thorough response and links!

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Isn't shipping to the States ridiculously high? I've never done it but other threads have talked about $20 for anything shipped. Add the $5 membership fee and the difference between hither and yon begins to melt away.

James holden BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 6:50 pm

thus why there was a group buy earlier this year

MEC clearances usually happen at the start or every year

;)

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedNov 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Eric,

I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to buy from MEC, as theIr products, and return policy, seem fantastic. An awesome place to buy from.

Wiia

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedNov 8, 2013 at 7:13 pm

If you want the closest thing to a replacement for the endeavor, then this is what you want. The price goes up $30 or $40 though. It's also made from a heavier goretex (not paclite).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...