"Do people find these sources (specific articles, forum discussion archives, and blog post) sufficient for your own knowledge and planning?"
From a practical standpoint, most of what applies to backpacking is out there somewhere, either on the Internet or in scholarly works such as exercise physiology texts. However, it is all over the place and not systematically organized, and gathering it, analyzing it, and extracting it is tedious and time consuming. Then there is the difficulty that laypersons experience in drawing the proper conclusions from what they have gathered and analyzed. I have been engaged in this project for about 8 years now, and have gradually figured out what works for me with a lot of trial and error, but a well organized book written by an expert would surely have saved me a lot of time, and if written now would probably cause me to go back and alter some of what I have come up with.
"Would a reliable (data driven) consolidation specific to backpacking covering all physiologic aspect be useful/read or is it easy enough to gather by oneself for those interested? (I'm evaluating potential sabbatical activities)"
Yes, IMO. the question is whether enough people agree with me to make it worth your while to go to the trouble of writing such a book, both time wise and financially.
Personally and selfishly, I hope you decide to do it.