We have a trip planned next weekend with a pretty significant climb component going in – which places a premium on taking the lightest options. However, at least right now the long range forecast calls for cooler temps and rain… knowing that might change significantly but still.
So normally I'd take my Seedhouse SL1 – which is the lightest shelter I currently own and be perfectly happy with the ligth weight and size. It is, however, not terribly roomy and with the prospect of inclement weather and spending more time in shelter – well – I am pondering sucking up the extra weight and taking my LL Bean Microlight FS2 which is not quite but almost twice as heavy at around 4 pounds. It is, however, quite roomy and comfortable for just one person… !
Does the forecast other than the obvious rain gear change your strategy if rain or inclement weather is projected? Do you take more "luxury" items than you might on a crisp clear fall day?

