Topic

Actual Weights: SL2 & Doumid

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Curt Peterson BPL Member
PostedNov 6, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Looking for some actual minimum weights of the CURRENT VERSIONS of the GoLite Shangri La 2 and the MLD Duomid. Lots of reviews out there. Lots of specs. I've seen everything from 19oz to 27oz on the SL2. I've seen everything from 15oz to 22oz on the Duomid.

Assuming weight is the deciding factor, anybody have an honest weight of the shelter itself they can share? No stakes. No sack. No guylines. Just the fabric canopy.

Thanks!

J-L BPL Member
PostedNov 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I purchased a GoLite SL2 new a month ago.

Weight of tarp in stock configuration (no extra guylines, no stuff sack, no stakes): 21.3 oz

I have since removed the peak vent stiffeners, replaced the webbing adjusters and buckles with linelocs, added guylines with shockcord to the mid-panel pullouts, and added guylines at each peak vent. Weight: 19.6 oz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...