Topic

Suggestions for family backpack / camp in Texas?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Suggestions for family backpack / camp in Texas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

We've had to slow things down a bit since the birth of my daughter. She's now 3, and I'd like to plan to a camp / short backpack somewhere within several hours drive of Houston (where we reside). I'm thinking of hitting one of the state parks over Thanksgiving break, when I have some time off. I'd also like to give my new Tenkara USA rod a try here in Texas. I heard they have trout on the Guadalupe River?

Any suggestions from fellow Texans? Ink's Lake? Lost Maples? Somewhere farther away? We've done Big Bend and Guadalupe Mnts before but that's a bit far for a short trip, and my daughter's only 3.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

From Houston, I'd suggest Pedernales Falls State Park or Enchanted Rock State Park. Both parks have primitive backpacking camping spots, and walk in sites…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools