Topic

Locus Gear pyramid closure?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedNov 5, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to invest in a 4 person mid to use as a shelter for my girlfriend and I. I have a cuben duomid which is awesome for solo use but a little cramped for the two of us so I'm looking to 'upgrade'.

The two options I'm considering (of the many available) are the MLD Supermid and the Locus Gear Khafra. I understand the MLD setup, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Khafra or Khufu, specifically with regard to the zip?

The MLD has a buckle at the bottom to reinforce the zip, but the LG doesn't appear to – does this work ok in practice?

Cheers, Lachlan

rmeurant BPL Member
PostedNov 5, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I have had no problem with my cuben Khufu, or specifically with the zip, and thoroughly recommend these mids, though of course they're 1-2 person, not 4 (you could always get 2!). They also are particularly well reinforced at the top of the zipper, where stress builds.Khuhu open both sides

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...