Topic

Lightweight Repurposed Plastic Containers

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedNov 4, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I'm re-booting this topic in a new thread, because I stupidly misspelled "repurposed" in the title of the previous thread, which made it difficult to find on a search. Please feel free to submit your favorite repurposed containers, noting capacity and weight IN OUNCES. As I get a chance I'll scan the thread, calculate an efficiency score, and update the spreadsheet.

Thanks to all who contributed in the previous thread.

efficierepurpocontain

Steven Paris BPL Member
PostedNov 4, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Nice idea!

My two consistently-used bottles/containers:

(1) SmartWater 700mL "sport" bottle with flip-top lid: 1.1 oz

(2) Red PETE 8 fl oz oval pharmacy medicine bottle with lid: 0.9 oz

*Note: the medicine bottle is used for alcohol fuel; it never had medicine in it and was free from Target's pharmacy when I asked.

PostedNov 5, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Seems like a good thread to add this in, but unfortunately, I don't know the weight…

When cycling I use a tennis ball container in my bottle cage. It's tougher than a water bottle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...