Topic

My idea regarding the new Cocoon line

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) My idea regarding the new Cocoon line

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Granda
    BPL Member

@throckmorton

I recently received my new Hoody and it is a work of art. The Tyvek hand tag is an interesting touch. After examining it,I thought why not remove the lining and insulation and you would have a hooded windshirt that weighs around 3 ounces. Not that I would do this myself but if one were offered here I would buy it. I would like the shell just as it is. Minimal seams,no pockets,and lycra bound cuffs. Anyone else into the idea?

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

Sounds like a great idea. If they come out with this, I would be very interested. My wife is in the market for a windshirt and only wants it to keep off mosquitoes. She wants the most breathable thing around (assuming, of course, that it does work as a bug shirt). She has no interest in using the wind shirt as rain protection, since she plans on bringing a rain jacket anyway. The Cocoon wind shirts/pants might be exactly what she wants.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Rather than dismantling a nice $180 insulated jacket, consider shopping around for a good seamstress (sp?) and order a $40 Liberty Ridge kit with Momentum fabric from thru-hiker (place the order by phone and ask for enough extra material for a hood and also the hood pattern). Or sew it yourself if that's your thing. The main trick is adapting the hood to the hoodless jacket patterm.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

The Liberty Ridge Jacket does not have a hood.
    Mine L/R came in at 2.2 oz, so with the hood would be way under 3.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

Oh, I wouldn't take the cocoon apart. I was just hoping someone at BMW will see this thread and come out with another line of clothing. Seems like they could do so without spending a huge amount of effort on the project.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools