John,
I have no experience with the Hubba Hubba tent, but I do own a Double Rainbow that I use when backpacking with my wife.
Before I purchased the DR, I too was worried about the sloping bug netting walls. I had heard some people complain that it reduced the interior space significantly, and I was concerned that this would be an issue.
It turns out that it's true, the sloping walls do limit the interior space a bit, but not really by that much. When you are sleeping, the sloping walls will have no negative effect on your experience, and if you are hunkered down in the tent with another person, there is plenty of room to sit facing each other along the midline of the tent.
Also, I found one huge advantage of the sloping walls that nobody seems to mention, and that is that it allows you to look at the stars from bed if you scooch all the way over to either side and press your head into the netting (I know it sounds uncomfortable, but it's not). I doubt that Henry Shires took this benefit into consideration when he designed the DR, but it sure is a nice feature in my book. My biggest complaint about tarp-tent type shelters is that it's usually hard to stargaze in them when it's nice outside, but the DR makes this totally doable.
Anyway, I find the interior space of the DR very reasonable for two people (even more so a couple), and it is absolutely palatial for one person.
Now, as far as the wet entry/exit thing goes, I find that the tent is pretty simple to enter and exit while it's in "porch mode" with the vestibule raised into its awning format and the middle flap secured in place. I don't find it to be much of a "slither" myself.
I set the DR up in porch mode as often as I can when I think it's going to rain (or if it's already raining). There would have to be pretty significant wind for me to want to give up the breathability and general airiness of the porch mode setup in favor of the fully buttoned-down vestibule mode setup. Plus, it's easier to convert the porch mode into the fully-closed vestibule mode than vice versa, so I always like to start in porch mode first and see if it will be sufficient (which it usually is).
I did a whole lot of research before buying the DR, and I still think that it's probably the most well-designed, versatile, and livable non-cuben fiber tent in its class for backpackers that don't use trekking poles.
The new Zpacks Duplex tent does look pretty awesome, and I'd love to own one, but man that's a hefty price tag! In contrast, the Double Rainbow delivers a whole lot of performance for a $275 tent. Also, the Duplex would only save me about 17oz when I consider the fact that I'd need to carry the optional tent poles (2oz each). Tarptent Double Rainbow (41oz, fully seam-sealed and with guylines) vs. Zpacks Duplex with two 48" carbon fiber poles (24oz).
Sometimes I just try to be happy with what I've got :)