Topic

North Cascades in November?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I am trying to head up to Easy Pass soon. Will I need an ice axe?

Has anyone been up there recently? Any other parts of North Cascades that I can visit?

Thank you,

PostedNov 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Snow level looked about 2500 feet up valley today. I'd bring an axe and some traction devices, a lot of north-facing stuff will probably be icy.

Cutthroat or Maple Pass might be friendlier, more scenic alternatives in that area. Or Ruby Mt if you feel ambitious.

PostedNov 3, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for the info.

Do all the trails remain open throughout the winter?

PostedNov 4, 2013 at 9:26 am

I'd say you have about a week/maybe two, until they close down highway 20 at the Ross Lake Dam trailhead (seasonal closure for avy danger). You can still roam the park, you just can't access any trailheads pass that point by motor vehicle.

Ross Lake is a beautiful, lonely place this time of year, lots of lower elevation trails/camps. You might consider that if the first big snow dump has already happened up high.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...