Topic

Talon Vs GG Mariposa volume

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Dustin Short BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 10:55 pm

So I recently have found myself without a pack (or shelter, sleep system, clothes, etc…thank you Tweaker-Town, AZ).

I loved my Talon 44 as a general purpose pack for overnights and climbing trips. The load transfer was great and the volume was just big enough for my 3 season gear setup and 2-3 days of food. Obviously there are issues with the pack (too many buckles and straps, extern pockets that don't really accommodate extra gear, aging weight class).

Since I'm in a position to get a new pack, I would like something a bit larger to cover winter treks (in AZ mind you, but still cold and snowy). I'm considering the GG Mariposa since it's on sale and looks like I can shrink the volume decently for warmer weather.

Does anyone have direct experience on the just how much bigger the Mariposa is? I'm mostly concerned with the main pack size. Also any insight into how it carries compared to the Talon would be appreciated. I may just get a new talon but figured since I have this "opportunity" to shop around I should do some research.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...