Topic

Search Forums is now a Google Search???

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Aaron Sorensen BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 11:36 am

Just tryed searcheing for something in the "Search Forums" and it comes up as a Google search?

And a lot of advertisements.

PostedNov 2, 2013 at 11:46 am

google site search is way better than any built in forum search, it actually will deliver search results that are reasonably accurate. The less of this old clunky software bpl uses the better.

Aaron Sorensen BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Yes, but it doesn't search forums anymore.

I also noticed that when you mouse over the "My BPL", there is a "hide ads" option.

PostedNov 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm

"Yes, but it doesn't search forums anymore."

It searches all forums, plus everything else.

Do you mean it doesn't let your pick The forum to search? I do miss that.

PostedNov 2, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I did. It is a Google Custom Search. Works fine. It's specific to BPL.

Maybe explain in words what you are or are not seeing….

Aaron Sorensen BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 12:42 pm

My bad.

I didn't realize it was BPL specific.
Thought it was just a regular Google Search.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Before, I could refine my search to just "GEAR" or "Make Your Own Gear". Now, I have to wade through the mountain of results from all the subforums, most of which I am not interested in.

In my opinion, it is a giant step backward.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedNov 3, 2013 at 11:08 am

I find it fascinating Greg that rather than simply be helpful to me, and undoubtedly others on this forum as well, you chose to be condescending.

That's very instructive.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Loading...