Topic

Podcast: Pre-Trip Planning and Support Logistics

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast: Pre-Trip Planning and Support Logistics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas
    Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Listening to a podcast is like having someone read a story to me.. agonizingly slow. There is no way to skip ahead to the sections or parts which might be most relevant or interesting because, of course, they are not visible. Thus, I rarely ever download them unless I'm planning to be a captive audience on an airplane or something.
    Fast and light isn't just for backpacking; it is actively filtering information in real-time; podcasts just can't do that.
    Please provide the text for each podcast.
    Thanks.

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Hey Brett – coming soon… we'll have podcast transcripts for all past podcasts (including the OR interviews) and will publish transcripts with or shortly following future podcasts.

Ben

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

That would really help, Thanks Benjamin.

Matt Brodhead

@mattbrodhead

Locale: Michigan

This is some nice information. Thanks guys.

Daniel Fluri

@dani

podcasts may be chic and nice to listen to but are completely useless for any actual pratical purposes since you either would have to rewind and rewind the podcast to get the desired info or jot down notes by hand, neither of which is very user friendly.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I thought they had brought up possibly also having the text version of the podcast like on other podcasting sites.

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

I don't know about everyone else, but I miss reading the articles that used to be here all the time. Podcasts are nice, but articles with graphs, photos, and stuff like that beats them hands down every time :(

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

duplicate- disregard please.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools