Topic

Can I get a Thermarest Z-Lite wet?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedOct 31, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I know this is an inane question, but I'm getting on a plane in a day, so I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until I'm "boots on the ground."

Hope someone doesn't mind saving me the trouble of testing and pops me a quick answer. Then the thread can die. Can I get my Thermarest Z-Lite absolutely soaked? Like, strapped to my bike for hours of prolonged rain? It won't soak any up because it's closed-cell, right?

I can't believe I haven't had it in prolonged rain yet… but I guess I haven't!

Thanks,
Max

PostedOct 31, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I'm pretty darn sure that's right. You can get a Ridgerest soaked for hours and just shake it off, and I believe the Z-rest is the same foam.

I use a Ridgerest as a floor in my packraft and then sleep on it at night.

PostedOct 31, 2013 at 8:10 pm

x2 what Dan D. said about his Ridgerest. Its bomber, the foam is more resillient to water/ scratches compared to my 1/8th ccf.

Derek M. BPL Member
PostedNov 1, 2013 at 12:35 am

Yes, you could hold a z-lite underwater, pull it out, shake it off, and sleep on it. It will absorb very little water. Water will mostly cling to the cups in the z-lite, and to areas where the foam has been scratched, but it won't really soak in.

This is just the nature of closed cell foam. You should be good to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...