Topic

New gear list builder: lighterpack.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists New gear list builder: lighterpack.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    McDowell Crook
    BPL Member

@mcdcrook

Locale: Southeast

I just saw this over at the Reddit UL page: http://lighterpack.com/

Looks like a more versatile version of geargrams.com

Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Locale: Labrador

I like it. The Quantity cell didn't allow a "0" value and I emailed the creator and he added it in less than 24 hours. It is a work in progress that is promising. Thanks for the link.

Derrick

Harrison Carpenter
    Spectator

@carpenh

Locale: St. Vrain River Valley

Agreed– it looks promising.

David LaRue
    Spectator

@phaedrus

Locale: Chicagoland

What's the secret for getting the upload to work? I detest retyping!

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

David LaRue
    Spectator

@phaedrus

Locale: Chicagoland

Excellent. I will give it a go.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I have a CVS from Excel.
    I can open it with MS Word and it looks good.

But "Can't Upload Spreadsheet"

Any tips or tricks?

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

From the reddit thread:

"I've added a CSV import and export function. Export is only for registered users and is available through the link/share dropdown. Import is available by hovering over the "Add new list" button.
    The import requires the same CSV format as geargrams and is the same format as the export.
    "

Edit: Removed link. See comment below.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Example

That's what I needed. Thanks.

{ BTW – the link is http://lighterpack.com/csv/16jtk0 – without the [1] }

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

A few weeks ago I tried to import my geargrams CVS file into lighterpack.com without success.  I emailed Galen but did not get a response back from him.

So this weekend I started manually typing a bunch of my gear items into Lighterpack’s Master List.  I then created another list for a specific trip I am planning and could not figure out a way to copy or drag specific items from my master list into the trip list like I can in GearGrams.  I emailed Galen once again and thus far have not received a response once again.

Does anyone with experience with LighterPack.com have any suggestions?

Cheerio
    BPL Member

@scottyt

Wow this is amazing!! I’ve actually been working on programming my own trip/gear tracker in excel using VBA code (another hobby of mine) and this is almost exactly what I have been doing but this is super clean looking and I love that it’s online and not excel. I’ll drop what I’ve been doing haha switching to this!

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

Someone responded to my inquiry and explained how to drag things from your master list to a trip list on Lighterpack.com.  If you put your cursor over an item on the gear list, a bunch of tiny dots appear on the right side of the bar.  If you put your cursor over those dots you can then drag the item to the right when you have the destination list highlighted, thus added that item to that list.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’m glad you have it figured out now. It’s very easy and you can duplicate your main gear list and build a new ones off of it if you want to compare setups.

George Suchand
    BPL Member

@fastnlight

Locale: Southern California

Is Lighterpack.com better than Geargrams?  Geargrams keeps crashing, its slow, errors in creating a list, etc.  Is there anything else besides these two programs?

Eliot
    Spectator

@ejdiamond

Trailpost.com – Create a locker, quickly add from your locker for each trip in pre-formed categories

Trailpack.io – recently created, source your gear and weights from gear list database, more info on Reddit thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools