Topic

Is there a next REI member coupon?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Is there a next REI member coupon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

Locale: Central TX

Anyone who pays attention to yearly / seasonal trends better than me …

I'd really like to pick up these two thing at REI which are already on sale:
    – Flash 45 pack, large
    – Brooks Range Alpini Anorak, medium

They both already have excellent discounts, but I realized that I'm about 2 weeks too late to have stacked on yet another perk — that REI members Fall coupon which expired earlier this month.

Does anyone happen to know if there's another coupon that they release to members in November? Something that could stack on top of existing discounts, that is :-)

Just me being cheap here. Or thrifty, take your pick.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Call Rei and ask.

Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

What a brilliant idea!

I'm getting on their live help right now :-)
    Maybe with their awesome customer service, they'll just provision me with an extra special late discount code that I can use because they're nice. Here's hoping.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

By 'mistake' I ordered the alpini hooded anorak in a large–they only had the hoodie in a large. I usually wear a medium. As it turns out, the large is close to a perfect fit for me. I'm 5'9', 140 lbs. the jacket is maybe a scootch big in the body but certainly not sloppy. I'm sure that I would have taken the large even given the option for a medium. Perfect fit in the arms too. So that's my 2 cents about the sizing for the alpini.

I'm really glad that I got the hooded version; it's just a super hood.

This is a great buy, esp, with the added 20% (which I was able to use.)

Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

Jeffrey,
    Are you saying that you used the added 20% off just now? Or did you do this weeks ago when the coupon was actually in effect?

As for me, I guess I might have to make a call whether I want this thing to fit slim or generous — I'm ~150lbs and 5'6", so certainly a bit thicker than you but not much. But I'm guessing with your dimensions, I'm probably shorter-limbed than you so I'm curious if the sleeves would end up being way too long on me.

Glad to hear you've liked it so much though.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Sorry Ian I used the coupon to buy this jacket back when the coupon was valid. So not just now.

Hard to say about sizing. My arms are 'normal' for my dimensions. Tough call. Ordering on line, I never tried the medium.

I'd still be very happy with the non-hooded version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools