> Nice job, Jim! I read it yesterday. Given the fire on San Jacinto, I’ve been thinking I needed to do more on San Gorgonio next summer. I’m sure I’m not the only one! Hopefully your guide will help spread the extra use around a bit more.
I love San Jacinto, but the San Gorgonio is it’s equal — and actually the San Gorgonio Wilderness has more off trail “back country” area* than the San Jacinto Wilderness. The San Gorgonio Wilderness is blessed with a lot of good water sources too. It’s worth a visit — or two or three or … :)
> Always fun to see your little girl chugging along on the trail too!
Well, speaking of little girls and the San Gorgonio Wilderness, from this last weekend: :)

HJ
Adventures In Stoving
*I’ve seen different figures for the size of the San Gorgonio Wilderness. The SGWA website says 58,969 acres, but that’s just the (roughly) half that is under the control of the Forest Service. There is another portion nearly equal in size to the east that is under BLM control. By contrast, the federal San Jacinto Wilderness is 19,470 acres and San Jacinto State Park lists its size as 14,000 acres, for a total of about 33,500 acres, about 1/3 the size of the total San Gorgonio Wilderness area.