Topic

Hiker missing for nearly a week found after starting fire to stay warm

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
PostedOct 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Glad it turned out well in this case. Kind of a fortuitous accident though.

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedOct 29, 2013 at 5:48 pm

A striking photo at that link. I'd like to think that after a week out, I wouldn't look so much like a street person.

I guess if a campfire keeps you warm, a forest fire keeps you warmer.

Dena Kelley BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2013 at 11:41 am

David Thomas noted, "A striking photo at that link. I'd like to think that after a week out, I wouldn't look so much like a street person."
=====
David, I thought the same. I did note that someone else made a comment to that extent in the article and got taken to task by this guy's daughter (I think, maybe it was a sister) who pointed out he isn't homeless and has a family who loves him. She was quite vigorous in her defense. But yeah, the photo is extremely unflattering.

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Years ago when the famous Nick Nolte mug shot came out, I thought about making an album of photos taken of people at their worst– awakened at 3am, hung-over, etc.

Nick Nolte mug shot

We should all add some self portraits fresh from the sleeping bag after a week out— not something for the resume!

Justin Baker BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2013 at 1:46 pm

He was lost for a week, started a fire to stay warm, and it got out of control and almost started a wild fire? That sounds like too much of a coincidence. My guess is he could of intentionally tried to start a wildfire to get noticed.

M B BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Everyone hikes in jeans, a flannel shirt, and tennis shoes….right?

It never said he was lost. Apparently hes hiked this route before multiple times. He called his girlfriend and told her he was injured.

I think the amazing part is someone that looks like that has a girlfriend.

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedOct 30, 2013 at 6:09 pm

"I think the amazing part is someone that looks like that has a girlfriend."

Never lived in a trailer park, eh? Watch a couple episodes of Jerry Springer– he gets guys on there that look worse and have three women pregnant fighting over them. Go figure!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...