Topic

Bug inner Stratospire 2

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Just pulled the trigger on a TT Stratospire 2. I love its size, that it is double-walled, and the ability to fend off rain, as I hike in the Adirondacks where it is always wet.
I also really like the ability to bring the tarp only and then use a bivy or bug inner.

I'm not sure what the tarp alone weighs for the SS2 but rather than getting a separate one-person tent, for when my GF doesn't join me, I'm thinking about getting a one-person inner or bug bivy. Granted, adding a one-person bivy to the SS2 will not be a light as getting a Notch or SMD Lunar Solo, it should be less expensive.

Any suggestions about what inners I should consider that will clip into, or attach to, the SS2 clips?

MLD Bug Bivy?
Zpacks Hexanet?
BPWD Minimalist

Others?

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I have an ss2 with both an ss2 mesh inner and ss1 semi slid inner.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I ordered it with just the mesh inner.

Now, I'm searching for an inner for just one person to save a few ounces.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I don't see where the SS1 inner is available for sale. The SS1 tarp is sold separately but not the inner as far as I can tell.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Yep, just do what Doug says and talk to Henry,

The Ss1 mesh inner is 307g and the ss2 mesh inner is 410g so maybe not worth it for you.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedOct 28, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I need the SS2 inner for times when I go with GF. I'm looking for a second inner that is lighter than the SS1 inner, which I believe is 13 oz.

One of the Borah bivys looks promising. Maybe the Argon side zip which I think comes in at 6.1 oz.

PostedOct 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm

For inner only orders just send an E Mail to orders@tarptent
(for existing TT customers only…)
Here are a couple of shots of the SS2 with an SS1 inner and then the Notch inner:
SS2 SS1 inner
SS2 Notch  inner
Both need to have some loops/tie-outs added but nothing that can't be done in a couple of minutes.
The Notch mesh inner is 250g

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...