Topic

Site rules

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Jones
    BPL Member

@rjones07

Locale: San Diego

Have a question about bumps.
    Search for rules but can not find list of them for BPL
    Thanks
    Bob

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

There's this: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/policies.html

And then, separately, under Gear Swap in forum index is this: New and used gear to buy, sell, or trade.
    Membership Required to Create New Threads: Offers to buy and sell used gear is a privilege of Backpackinglight.com Membership. Please support our forums and SUBSCRIBE today.
    POLICIES
    For Sale postings may not include references (especially URLs) to any external listings. We'll cheerfully remove such cross-posting information.
    Begin your post with FS (For Sale) or WTB (Want To Buy) for clarity.
    Once your item has sold, please edit your first post to reflect that fact.
    Posting a price reduction on an unsold item is perfectly OK, as is posting that some items have been sold. However, 'bumping' postings so they are back at the head of the queue is severely frowned upon and may result in the removal of the whole thread. The same applies to WTB posting.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Essentially, you shouldn't be blatant about it. Offer a modest reduction in price or add a few pictures or something to both strengthen your offering while getting it more attention.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Basically, I delete them.
    If there are too many I may get annoyed and delete the thread.

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    Online Community Moderator
    Backpacking Light

David Ure

@familyguy

Like my post before this one.

Your point is made. :-)
    Cheers
    Roger

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

From the 11.1.13 draft statement of forum guidelines: " If backpackinglight.com is your life, then you have a problem."

From the community main page: " … not open to foolishness or stupidity."

Personally, I turn to my wife when I feel the need to be belittled by snarky comments.

Turn that frown upside down BPL admins … or maybe at least consider keeping it bottled up behind a fake smile like the rest of us?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools