Topic

Very Happy To Announce

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Very Happy To Announce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

We launched a reboot of TrailCooking this week – the first since 2007 :-D The website and the blog now match – if you follow the blog, you might have noticed the new look a few months back.

http://www.trailcooking.com/ and http://blog.trailcooking.com/

I still have a few more things to do, but am very happy with it. And oh yeah, did I mention we brought out a new ebook on plant-based oatmeal as well?
     photo Oattogocover-300x300_zpsda7c14da.jpg
    http://www.trailcooking.com/store/bookstore/oatmeal-go/

Been having fun and getting things done finally! It helps my youngest two boys are old enough now to entertain themselves…. And handed off another manuscript/photos done last week as well – it will be a neat book!

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Congratulations, Sarah — it's wonderful to see your success! :-)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Thanks! I kind of let things slide the past 4 years, it was overwhelming with 2 small kids. This summer though – I finally got to backpack for the first time since the summer of 2009. Being able to hike kid free – and not be pregnant – left me inspired to get work done :-D

Rebecca Canode
    Spectator

@bcanode

Your website is my go-to site for finding new recipes for backpacking. I've introduced the site to our Boy Scout Troop and all the recipes they have tried have been winners. Thank you so much!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Thank you Rebecca!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Sarah

Very nice, but …

>we brought out a new ebook on plant-based oatmeal as well?
    Um – is there a non-plant-based oatmeal?????

Cheers

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

What, you've never tasted steel-cut pork oatmeal?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Yeah, guys…um, you haven't ever had the best oatmeal ever? It's oats, bacon and maple syrup. ;-)

Anyhow, by plant based – it means the recipes are all vegan, so they use creamed coconut for example, and not dry dairy milk :-) And yeah, no half a bag of shelf stable bacon…lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Um – is there a non-plant-based oatmeal?????"

Here in the land of Franken Phoud? Sure. It's made by the same company that makes Soylent Green. Builds strong, healthy bodies, 99 different ways.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools