I am looking for something as close as possible to the NW Alpine Black Spider Hoody without a hood. I like that it is lighter weight / thinner than a Patagonia R1 pullover, but wish it didn't have a hood. Any suggestions for something comparable? I will likely use it for backpacking as well as winter running, and have a very strong preference towards the micro grid fabric for breathability. There's a fair number of micro grid pullovers I've found on the market, but I can't tell which ones have a very trim cut.
Topic
Tapered Micro Grid Pullover Sans Hood
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
The new Capilene 4 comes in zip-neck and crew versions and is a very trim fit (its intended as a baselayer). It seems to have very favorable reviews and I'm probably going to pick up the hoody myself in the near future.
Adam
MEC has the T2 and T3, which come in crew or half zip layers. The T2 is a little lighter than a Cap 4, and the T3 is a little lighter than an R1. I have had both and they are slim, practically form fitting, but not restricting at all. I have had issues with the Cap 4/R1 stuff fitting too loose in the torso and too strangling in the arms.
Not sure what size you're looking for or whether or not this is even something comparable, but I've got an Eddie Bauer First Ascent midweight 1/4 zip top that I was going to toss in the free bin at the second hand gear shop.
Men's small, as a baselayer I'd say it's more like a medium.
I think it's this one: http://reviews.eddiebauer.com/9015/40646/eddie-bauer-midweight-1-4-zip-baselayer-reviews/reviews.htm
You're welcome to have it for the price of shipping.
Melanzana has some options.
http://melanzana.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/22?osCsid=0726387d02631ec6bdac9c3f4bac1513
http://www.mec.ca/product/5023-657/mec-t2-long-sleeved-zip-t-mens/
it was designed for high output activities like running and is form fitting and stretchy …
note the VERY deep zip
;)
Become a member to post in the forums.

