Topic

Suunto Vector for $120.00

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Suunto Vector for $120.00

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    B. Kelly Saine

@slohiker57

Locale: NC Foothills

http://store.botachtactical.com/suvemi.html

(3) colors available – Black, Green & Brown

ian wright

@ianwright

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980

Thanks for the notice, I've been trying to score a Vector on special for some time. It will be nice to have a watch that will keep me amused working out all the features.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

The price now says $149; maybe they made a mistake.

If you want to experiment with an altimeter/compass without making a big investment there are many (unknown maker) models for $100 or less:
    http://www.smarthome.com/9429.html?src=Froogle
    They might share the circuitry from the same factory in China as the well known brands?

If you want Suunto; go hand held for $110:
    http://www.robbinsinternational.com/outdoorgearstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_12&products_id=87

I chose the Casio Pathfinder (about $105), and have been very happy with it; more features than Ive needed.

ian wright

@ianwright

I got my order in quick enough for the $120 (+ delivery)
    sort of !
    For some frustrating reason the company have baulked at processing my Visa card because I'm in Australia even though I am getting the watch sent to an American address.
    I have had to make a deposit into their bank account which cost me time and money.
    I have been tempted to start a thread about the hassles of buying products on-line !
    Long story.:(

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Ian, how do you go about getting it sent to an American address?

I find a lot of the smaller companies won't ship to Australia, or else the postage is around $35 for a 10oz product.

I'll be in Seattle in about a month and would love to be able to ship to somewhere there that I can call past and pick stuff up from.

Cheers, Rod

ian wright

@ianwright

Hi. My American brother-in-law's parents live in Arizona and they are happy to receive stuff and post it to me. Normal postage is quite reasonable. At the moment I have a great second option in that my sister and the Bro-in-law have just gone over and can bring some back, if they can't bring it all back they will post some of it. It's my 50th birthday soon so they will throw in a birthday card and I should avoid customs tax and GST. So I have been spending up slowly over the last 3 months when items I want go on special, and as you may know, when Americans discount, they really discount ! Not a lousy 10% off they do down here.
    I have done this while in America and you should try and do it. Do all your research beforehand on what you want to buy and who off. If you can come up with an address of someone in Seattle make all your purchases quickly (on the one day) and consider doing it over the phone and get it all sent to the address. I wonder if someone on BPL could help.
    Also, do you know there are some good stores in Seattle? A huge REI store, also TNF and others. If you are not necessarily trying for stuff on special then see what you can get at REI.
    Sorry I rattle on for so long !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools