Topic

Carol!, Humphreys Flagstaff hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Carol!, Humphreys Flagstaff hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Grube

@plosive

Locale: Above Cache Creek, CA

Carol Crooker,(or anyone else who is hiking Mt Humphrey’s in July)have you finished your hike yet? What are the trail conditions, temperature, bugs etc on the route?
    I did it 2 years ago and found it to be surprisingly easy except the last mile or so after the saddle. I will be doing this hike Saturday July 23rd.

Plosive
    “light is right”

Paul Grube

@plosive

Locale: Above Cache Creek, CA

Carol (or anyone who has done this hike recently) what are the conditions?

Plosive
    “light is right”

Carol Crooker
    BPL Member

@cmcrooker

Locale: Desert Southwest, USA

Hi Paul,
    It was hot the day I went up! Around 90. Luckily, the sun was behind the clouds a lot. No snow on the trail (although if you do the loop down Weatherford trail there are a couple of easy to cross snow fields on the north side of the mountains.) LOTS of bugs at the top – not biting, just buzzing. Mid-way up the Humphreys trail, I did a side trip over to see the B-24 wreakage. Very interesting. Have fun!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools