Topic

S. California – Where to go this weekend?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Mary R BPL Member
PostedOct 22, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Hey all,
I'm in LA for work right now and I have Thursday night – Sunday night available to do a backpacking trip before I head back to bland Wisconsin.
I was planning going to the Channel Islands, but the permits didn't work out. The other place I was thinking of was the trans Catalina trail, but I'm a bit off put by the having to adhere to the ferry schedule.

One thought I had was the Rae lakes loop, but I'm not sure if that would be recommended this time of the year. Anyone been around there recently?

Any other suggestions are welcome…

Thanks!

Art … BPL Member
PostedOct 22, 2013 at 12:36 pm

yes, a bit late in the season for a deep in the back country Sierra trip. probably already some snow on the Rae Lakes loop.

this is a perfect time of year for the desert.
Joshua Tree ?

Ben C BPL Member
PostedOct 22, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I was in your quandry in July and someone directed me to the Palisade area. Its pretty easy access; Big Pine up Glacier Lodge Road. The scenery was spectacular and backcountry access was a breeze.
First Lake
Someone else could better tell you how the weather is now.

OOps Sideways.

Jeff Sims BPL Member
PostedOct 22, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Kearsarge ot if Independence is not a bad choice, i was up there friday night last week and did not see a soul…
 photo IMG_0702.jpg
 photo IMG_0728.jpg
 photo IMG_0733.jpg
 photo IMG_0756.jpg
 photo IMG_0796.jpg
 photo IMG_0848.jpg
 photo IMG_0857.jpg

Be ready to be cold but ti was amazing

Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...