Topic

New online national forest maps, trail mileages, road info

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Joseph Elfelt BPL Member
PostedOct 20, 2013 at 7:21 pm

These online maps are now ready for almost all of the national forests in California, Oregon and Washington. Here are the links:
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4_usfs_maps.html

Please read the Tips. There is a link to the tips in the upper left corner of each map.

To the best of my knowledge these are the only free online maps that show trail mileages without making you click anything.

They are also the only online maps that let you see the forest service roads that are open and roads that are closed by toggling those layers on and off.

Alex Wallace BPL Member
PostedOct 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Well done, sir. I'm off to explore right now. FYI – I've been using gmap4 for the past year or two for most of my pre-trip planning. This appears to be a great addition. Thanks again.

Dean F. BPL Member
PostedOct 21, 2013 at 10:06 am

I've been looking at USGS 7.5" quads of the Wind River Range (www.usgs.gov) and noticed something odd. Updated maps were just published within the past year- they look great, are made as multi-layer PDFs, and even have a satellite image layer. But as far as I can tell they don't show trails!!!

WTF?

Am I doing something wrong? I've had to download the older maps to see the trails.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedOct 21, 2013 at 10:20 am

Yeah, they've come out with lots of new maps that "look" good but they miss some information, maybe make it too "cluttered"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...