Topic

Need help: Fuel Bladder

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedOct 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Hello all,

I made a fuel storage device for my alcohol stove using a platypus bladder and a little green pouring spigot from the top of a bottle of syracha based on Mike Clelland's advice in Ultralight Backpackin' Tips.

This seems like a brilliant idea to me, ho iwever when I tried it with my denatured alcohol I had done serious leakage. I tested with water first and all was well. Then with the fuel, I had leakage at the base of the cap.

I suppose the design of one of those two products may have changed since the book was published, or I just got an incompatible set.

I really like this setup, but I'm open to other suggestions as a solution. Please let me know what seems best to y'all.

Thanks,
Matt

PostedOct 20, 2013 at 1:35 pm

The threads on platypus bottles are not standard. I get the same leakage if I try to put my Sawyer squeeze onto a platypus. The Sawyer squeeze bags and evernew, etc, bags with standard threads should work with the Siracha.

PostedOct 20, 2013 at 5:59 pm

cascade designs. Accessories. Playtpus Push-Pull Cap.. $2.95.

Do you really need the weight?

More fancy — the shut off valve for 5.95…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...