Topic

Awesome tent repair!!!! Check it out

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Doug Wolfe BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2013 at 10:45 am

Found this on YouTube and have used it many of times myself and thought I should share it with everyone!

Stephen Barber BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

Yup, that's the way to do it! Makes for a very sturdy mend. Thanks for sharing the video!

PostedOct 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Assuming the tent floor is PU coated, I'd use SeamGrip, which is urathane based, rather than a silicone sealer.

And while it's an OK solution for an at-home repair with 24 hours for drying, in the field, where I got the hole, I'd use Tear-Aid Type A, and be done with it.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm

they mentioned using either Seam Grip or Sil Net

they didn't mention that Seam Grip is better on PU floor or fly (which is probably 99% of commercially available tents) or that Sil Net is all that will work on silnylon

they used Sil Net on what I assume was a PU floor which works, but Seam Grip would have been better

otherwise, good video

Doug Wolfe BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Do you use the tear aid for a forever fix? I've had terrible luck with that stuff

PostedOct 19, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I've found that Sil Net pulls apart fairly easily.
It might be better to leave a strong tape on one side as it would have more resistance to the Sil Net pulling apart.

Bill D

PostedOct 19, 2013 at 6:02 pm

'Do you use the tear aid for a forever fix?"

Yep. Some repairs are more than 5 years old. Works for me.

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedOct 19, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Our Spanish-national exchange student reports that duct tape is sold as "American Tape" in Spain. I got a laugh out of that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...