Topic

Tent options besides Nemo Obi Elite and Big Agnes Fly Creek Platnum Model?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
TJ W BPL Member
PostedOct 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I'm looking for an ultralight one person tent that has an integrated rain cover piece. The two above are great but the rain protection is separate. I'll always use the rain fly for warmth so no need to have separate rain fly (it's just a pain and that is my opinion… I'd like fewer equipment ideas to deal with and set up).

Any recommendations from the excellent crowd here? I've gotten some good ideas but none of them were integrated fly.

Oh and other big thing is a "Y" type tent pole is good (I do want an easy to set up support pole and Zpacks type tents without support poles are a trouble to get in and out of during the night).

Thx.

PostedOct 17, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Or the Rainbow. I don't think Henry sells the old, single-wall Moment any more. But you should be able to find one lightly used on Gear Swap.

PostedOct 17, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Big Sky Mirage 1P. I have one and love it, great shelter with loads of headroom.

PostedOct 17, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I meant the Moment DW, as Clayton pointed out the previous generation Moment was single walled.

I thought Big Sky went out of business?

JCH BPL Member
PostedOct 18, 2013 at 5:47 am

I suppose you would say the rain fly is "integrated" but it isn't a single-wall design, and it uses trekking poles for support.

That said, whatever you get seriously consider one with a side entrance and in particular one in which the rain does not enter the tent when the fly door is open.

Marc Penansky BPL Member
PostedOct 18, 2013 at 9:42 am

Take a look at the LightHeart Gear Solo or SoLong. All LHG tents have integrated flys and quick and easy set-up. The standard versions use a high hydrostatic head sil-nylon that have a minimum rating of 3500 mm of water.

robert v BPL Member
PostedOct 18, 2013 at 10:11 am

You can't go wrong with any of Lightheart Gear tents!!! Easy to set up with a little practice! Great customer service!

Alex Wallace BPL Member
PostedOct 18, 2013 at 10:26 am

I'm really impressed with the TT Moment DW. At first I was torn with finding something that weighed less, but then realized that when mosquitoes aren't a problem I can leave the mesh inner at home and save 11 ounces, which brings the Moment DW to about 23 ounces. Throw in a 1 ounce polycryo ground sheet and you have a lot of protection for about 24 ounces.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...