Topic

Moment dw solid inner pictures

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedOct 16, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Just recieved my moment dw with solid inner and figured I would throw some pictures up if anyone is interested or thinking about buying. One of my concerns was how close the inner was to the fly. I have it set up so that the inner is all the way to one side.

Far side
Here you can see this is my vestibule side

Gap
There's about 4 inches between the fly and the inner on this side

Closed
On this side I eliminated the vestibule and pulled the inner all the way over

Closed gap
Leaving only an inch or 2 between the fly and the inner

End
View from the end

By setting the inner up in this configuration I lose the use of one vestibule but it maximizes the width of the inner in the middle. I can fit my medium length exped ul7 and a montbell ul 90 in the widest part next to the exped with minimal overlap. It is the perfect amount of room for myself 150lbs 6'1" and a 50lb dog. If I move my mat all the way to one end I have an additional 6-8" on the opposite end. Somehow it seems longer than my previous moment single wall.

My biggest complaint with the single wall was that when lying on my inflatable by quilt would touch the fly at the foot end. The has been solved with the dw.

After initial set up I am very happy with this purchase!
My only concern is the cf poles and the possibility of splintering on the ends where the next pull goes in.

I will be testing it out this weekend on max patch. If anyone would like additional pictures let me know.

PostedOct 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thanks for the photos. Very helpful.

It doesn't take much space between fly and inner solid tent for things to work.

That distance does need to be maintained in windy and wet weather, however.

With my own clumsy myog tents I shoot for 4 to 6 inches of separation to account for real world sag in the fly.

Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedOct 17, 2013 at 9:24 am

No problemo, I realized I out one of the pictures up twice oops!

One thing to mention the vents on the double wall can actually be opened on closed compared to the original where there wasn't much of s difference between open and closed.

Bugs seem to be very attracted to the white color of the solid inner and get stuck between the inner and the fly. It's convinent to be able to unhook it and let them out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...