Topic

Emigrant Wilderness THs during The Shutdown?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Bill Law BPL Member
PostedOct 14, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Some friends and I are planning a trip to Emigrant Wilderness this weekend and are wondering about the situation at the Crabtree Meadows TH.

Has anybody been there during the govt shutdown? Gates open, scary signs, armed guards?

Paul Wagner BPL Member
PostedOct 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm

We have not been there during the shutdown, but we have a cabin nearby. There are certainly trailheads that you can access without much trouble: The ones on Clark Fork Road, for example, or Sonora or ST. Mary's Pass. And Leavitt MEadows, on the east side, is self-register for your permits

chris smead BPL Member
PostedOct 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Any updates on this? I was interested in starting at Crabtree as well.

Jay Wilkerson BPL Member
PostedOct 16, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I have interest there too on 10/26-27. I guess I will make a call to the Pinecrest RS. Kennedy Meadows store and restaurant is a private company and I do not think they are being shutdown. Hike On!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...